RECENTLY ON TWITTER
- Open in Twitter #Q13FOX News @Q13FOX RT @FernandoQ13Fox: People playing games and camping out waiting for the #Linnwood Chick-fil-A's grand opening #Q13FOX http://t.co/BRkUOmQe… 3 weeks ago
- Open in Twitter #Q13FOX News @Q13FOX Dozens of kids at elementary school in Buckley come down with flu-like illness http://t.co/Q0E7TYTnCK http://t.co/GSLdUey725 3 weeks ago
- Open in Twitter #Q13FOX News @Q13FOX RT @AP: The Latest on severe weather: At least 12 injuries reported in Oklahoma City area http://t.co/iLvNQ9YIXP 3 weeks ago
- Open in Twitter #Q13FOX News @Q13FOX RT @ErinMayovsky: “@RealSaltLake: Another look at the lightning strike that caused the match delay #RSL https://t.co/9MSeJC31ql” #Q13Fox 3 weeks ago
- Open in Twitter #Q13FOX News @Q13FOX News, scary street drug called flakka or '$5 insanity' on rise in U.S. http://t.co/k0TbPbpGZk http://t.co/Olem1nPIiC 3 weeks ago
- Open in Twitter #Q13FOX News @Q13FOX RT @Mariners: The Angels take the final game of the series, 4-3. The #Mariners return to Safeco Field on Friday vs. the Athletics at 7:10 p… 3 weeks ago
- Open in Twitter #Q13FOX News @Q13FOX City of Renton offering $1,000 for info leading to arrest, conviction of copper thieves http://t.co/IBmlblt2na http://t.co/HDY0nznNhw 3 weeks ago
- Open in Twitter #Q13FOX News @Q13FOX WATCH LIVE: #Q13FOX News at 9, 10 & 11 http://t.co/smxn1czC7x @DavidRoseQ13FOX @marnihughesQ13 @ErinMayovsky @JamieQ13FOX @MattLorchQ13Fox 3 weeks ago
- Open in Twitter #Q13FOX News @Q13FOX Cable guy late? Comcast says it will credit customers $20 from now on if that happens http://t.co/sefRhmzzd9 http://t.co/6Nxz62jyFg 3 weeks ago
- Open in Twitter #Q13FOX News @Q13FOX UPDATE: Exotic animals 'on the loose' after Tiger Safari hit by tornado have all been found >> http://t.co/4yrVswbvM2 3 weeks ago
(CNN) — The Idaho man who slapped a crying 19-month-old boy on a Delta flight in February was sentenced Monday to eight months in prison, the man’s lawyer said.
Joe Rickey Hundley pleaded guilty to assault in federal court in October.
Hundley’s attorney, Marcia Shein, said Hundley will report to a yet-to-be determined prison but didn’t say what the date would be.
She said she respects the judge’s ruling but called the sentence “disproportionate” to the crime and added that it was two months longer than what prosecutors had recommended.
In February, Hundley was seated next to Jessica Bennett and her 19-month-old son in row 28 when Delta flight 721 from Minneapolis began its descent into Atlanta.
When the baby began to cry, Hundley allegedly told Bennett to “shut that (N-word) baby up,” according to an FBI affidavit.
“(He) then turned around and slapped (the child) in the face with an open hand, which caused (him) to scream even louder,” the affidavit continued. The boy suffered a scratch below his right eye.
Shein said in a February statement that her client was in distress and grieving during the flight after learning the day before that his son was in a coma after overdosing on insulin.
Hundley was headed to Atlanta to decide whether or not to take his son — who died the day after the flight — off life support.
Shein said Hundley “had paid a terrible price for his hurtful words but asks only that people understand that he was not doing well that night and spoke hurtful words he would have not otherwise have said.”