RECENTLY ON TWITTER
- Open in Twitter #Q13FOX News @Q13FOX RT @SkywayFire: Firefighters from Skyway and Renton work to extinguish a second fire at a home in 24 hrs. #kcso to investigate cause. http:… 5 weeks ago
- Open in Twitter #Q13FOX News @Q13FOX RT @AP: Device, possibly aerial drone, found on White House grounds while president traveling in India: http://t.co/RLh59QmkLA 5 weeks ago
- Open in Twitter #Q13FOX News @Q13FOX Skyway Fire (KCFD20) @SkywayFire · Fire units back on scene of a house fire from Sunday in the 7000 blk of 120th place. #Q13Fox 5 weeks ago
- Open in Twitter #Q13FOX News @Q13FOX While the East Coast braces for a blizzard, @Tim Joyce says that we may break another high temperature record here in Puget Sound. #Q13FOX 5 weeks ago
- Open in Twitter #Q13FOX News @Q13FOX Live reports from @Kaci Aitchison and Ian Furness in Arizona - coming up on Q13FOX News This Morning. The Road to Repeat. #Q13FOX 5 weeks ago
- Open in Twitter #Q13FOX News @Q13FOX RT @wsdot_passes: Stevens: Overcast skies - Roadway is bare with frost & ice in places http://t.co/y8dxwpKqyB 5 weeks ago
- Open in Twitter #Q13FOX News @Q13FOX RT @wsdot_passes: Snoqualmie: Clear skies with gusty winds west of the summit - Roadway is bare & dry wet in places. On Monday Jan. 26 htt… 5 weeks ago
- Open in Twitter #Q13FOX News @Q13FOX RT @seattledot: SB Battery Street Tunnel had been closed due to an earlier collision, but has just reopened to traffic. 5 weeks ago
- Open in Twitter #Q13FOX News @Q13FOX RT @cnnbrk: More than 3,000 flights have been canceled ahead of massive Northeast winter storm. http://t.co/k0kaYYzDtg #blizzardof2015 5 weeks ago
- Open in Twitter #Q13FOX News @Q13FOX RT @AP: Spokesman says Secret Service recovers 'device' on White House grounds; no immediate threat: http://t.co/9feQfSbstU 5 weeks ago
(CNN) — The Idaho man who slapped a crying 19-month-old boy on a Delta flight in February was sentenced Monday to eight months in prison, the man’s lawyer said.
Joe Rickey Hundley pleaded guilty to assault in federal court in October.
Hundley’s attorney, Marcia Shein, said Hundley will report to a yet-to-be determined prison but didn’t say what the date would be.
She said she respects the judge’s ruling but called the sentence “disproportionate” to the crime and added that it was two months longer than what prosecutors had recommended.
In February, Hundley was seated next to Jessica Bennett and her 19-month-old son in row 28 when Delta flight 721 from Minneapolis began its descent into Atlanta.
When the baby began to cry, Hundley allegedly told Bennett to “shut that (N-word) baby up,” according to an FBI affidavit.
“(He) then turned around and slapped (the child) in the face with an open hand, which caused (him) to scream even louder,” the affidavit continued. The boy suffered a scratch below his right eye.
Shein said in a February statement that her client was in distress and grieving during the flight after learning the day before that his son was in a coma after overdosing on insulin.
Hundley was headed to Atlanta to decide whether or not to take his son — who died the day after the flight — off life support.
Shein said Hundley “had paid a terrible price for his hurtful words but asks only that people understand that he was not doing well that night and spoke hurtful words he would have not otherwise have said.”