RECENTLY ON TWITTER
- Open in Twitter #Q13FOX News @Q13FOX RT @wspd1pio: Update: We should be able to open a lane, maybe 2 very shortly. 2 weeks ago
- Open in Twitter #Q13FOX News @Q13FOX Sounders advance to Western Conference Finals after playing FC Dallas to a 0-0 draw here http://t.co/Nsu9MIiKcu http://t.co/GQ1fbORhwB 2 weeks ago
- Open in Twitter #Q13FOX News @Q13FOX RT @wspd1pio: Update: Here's a picture from the collision scene SB I-5 at the T-Dome. Causing driver is DUI and is in custody! http://t.co/… 2 weeks ago
- Open in Twitter #Q13FOX News @Q13FOX RT @wspd1pio: Update: An 86 year-old man is in custody for causing the crash. He is believed to be alcohol impaired & has been transported … 2 weeks ago
- Open in Twitter #Q13FOX News @Q13FOX Seattle grandma jumps on hood of her vehicle to try to stop carjacker; suspect later caught http://t.co/i3XYlZoh1g http://t.co/PpdnFBdNOh 2 weeks ago
- Open in Twitter #Q13FOX News @Q13FOX BREAKING: One driver in custody for DUI in two-car collision that has closed southbound lanes on I-5 near Tacoma Dome http://t.co/ydU25ehmrG 2 weeks ago
- Open in Twitter #Q13FOX News @Q13FOX RT @tina_patel: A car prowl victim talks about the lessons she's learned, coming up on #Q13Fox at 11. 2 weeks ago
- Open in Twitter #Q13FOX News @Q13FOX RT @wspd1pio: @Chicano98 All SB I-5 lanes near Tacoma Dome currently blocked 2 weeks ago
- Open in Twitter #Q13FOX News @Q13FOX Southbound I-5 near Tacoma Dome brought to standstill after two vehicle collision; more details to come http://t.co/aiSdqq3TTo 2 weeks ago
- Open in Twitter #Q13FOX News @Q13FOX RT @wspd1pio: We're investigating a 2 vehicle collision SB I-5 just south of Portland Ave. 2 lanes are blocked at the scene. More info wh… 2 weeks ago
(CNN) — The Idaho man who slapped a crying 19-month-old boy on a Delta flight in February was sentenced Monday to eight months in prison, the man’s lawyer said.
Joe Rickey Hundley pleaded guilty to assault in federal court in October.
Hundley’s attorney, Marcia Shein, said Hundley will report to a yet-to-be determined prison but didn’t say what the date would be.
She said she respects the judge’s ruling but called the sentence “disproportionate” to the crime and added that it was two months longer than what prosecutors had recommended.
In February, Hundley was seated next to Jessica Bennett and her 19-month-old son in row 28 when Delta flight 721 from Minneapolis began its descent into Atlanta.
When the baby began to cry, Hundley allegedly told Bennett to “shut that (N-word) baby up,” according to an FBI affidavit.
“(He) then turned around and slapped (the child) in the face with an open hand, which caused (him) to scream even louder,” the affidavit continued. The boy suffered a scratch below his right eye.
Shein said in a February statement that her client was in distress and grieving during the flight after learning the day before that his son was in a coma after overdosing on insulin.
Hundley was headed to Atlanta to decide whether or not to take his son — who died the day after the flight — off life support.
Shein said Hundley “had paid a terrible price for his hurtful words but asks only that people understand that he was not doing well that night and spoke hurtful words he would have not otherwise have said.”