RECENTLY ON TWITTER
- Open in Twitter #Q13FOX News @Q13FOX People caught in Arizona flash floods rescued from cars, houses http://t.co/ds5l0upJvh http://t.co/F4mtObbiUg 4 weeks ago
- Open in Twitter #Q13FOX News @Q13FOX RT @wsdot_traffic: Things are heating up! Car fire blocking 2 right lanes of NB 5 south of SR 516. Fire crews on scene. http://t.co/bttYfbH… 4 weeks ago
- Open in Twitter #Q13FOX News @Q13FOX RT @cnnbrk: American journalist James Foley is beheaded by ISIS on video after reading message that his “real killer” is America. http://t.… 4 weeks ago
- Open in Twitter #Q13FOX News @Q13FOX RT @aramirezQ13FOX: In Bainbridge Island for tree sitter protesting mall expansion. We r live 4/5p #Q13FOX http://t.co/psWQ6RyPoY 4 weeks ago
- Open in Twitter #Q13FOX News @Q13FOX RT @wsdot_traffic: On I-405 southbound just south of NE 70th Pl there is a collision blocking the 2 left lanes. 4 weeks ago
- Open in Twitter #Q13FOX News @Q13FOX RT @wsdot_traffic: Yikes! Crash on SB 405 before NE 44th #Newcastle blocking HOV lane. http://t.co/PWT2t6HZV1 4 weeks ago
- Open in Twitter #Q13FOX News @Q13FOX RT @wsdot_traffic: Heads up! NB and SB I-5 off-ramps to Michigan St are closed while crews are clearing an overturned semi. http://t.co/Knk… 4 weeks ago
- Open in Twitter #Q13FOX News @Q13FOX RT @JEFFQ13: City officials say they do not plan to arrest protestor in tree. Hope to end peacefully today. #Q13Fox http://t.co/HG40wpkxdS 4 weeks ago
- Open in Twitter #Q13FOX News @Q13FOX Police: California high schoolers plotted to kill "as many students as possible'>>> http://t.co/MOh7jqQxMZ http://t.co/LRTElpcE4N 4 weeks ago
- Open in Twitter #Q13FOX News @Q13FOX RT @MichelleLudtka: Per @brian_mcintyre NFL announces expansion of practice squads from 8 to 10 players, eligibility expansion http://t.co/… 4 weeks ago
(CNN) — The Idaho man who slapped a crying 19-month-old boy on a Delta flight in February was sentenced Monday to eight months in prison, the man’s lawyer said.
Joe Rickey Hundley pleaded guilty to assault in federal court in October.
Hundley’s attorney, Marcia Shein, said Hundley will report to a yet-to-be determined prison but didn’t say what the date would be.
She said she respects the judge’s ruling but called the sentence “disproportionate” to the crime and added that it was two months longer than what prosecutors had recommended.
In February, Hundley was seated next to Jessica Bennett and her 19-month-old son in row 28 when Delta flight 721 from Minneapolis began its descent into Atlanta.
When the baby began to cry, Hundley allegedly told Bennett to “shut that (N-word) baby up,” according to an FBI affidavit.
“(He) then turned around and slapped (the child) in the face with an open hand, which caused (him) to scream even louder,” the affidavit continued. The boy suffered a scratch below his right eye.
Shein said in a February statement that her client was in distress and grieving during the flight after learning the day before that his son was in a coma after overdosing on insulin.
Hundley was headed to Atlanta to decide whether or not to take his son — who died the day after the flight — off life support.
Shein said Hundley “had paid a terrible price for his hurtful words but asks only that people understand that he was not doing well that night and spoke hurtful words he would have not otherwise have said.”