RECENTLY ON TWITTER
- Open in Twitter #Q13FOX News @Q13FOX People caught in Arizona flash floods rescued from cars, houses http://t.co/ds5l0upJvh http://t.co/F4mtObbiUg 5 weeks ago
- Open in Twitter #Q13FOX News @Q13FOX RT @wsdot_traffic: Things are heating up! Car fire blocking 2 right lanes of NB 5 south of SR 516. Fire crews on scene. http://t.co/bttYfbH… 5 weeks ago
- Open in Twitter #Q13FOX News @Q13FOX RT @cnnbrk: American journalist James Foley is beheaded by ISIS on video after reading message that his “real killer” is America. http://t.… 5 weeks ago
- Open in Twitter #Q13FOX News @Q13FOX RT @aramirezQ13FOX: In Bainbridge Island for tree sitter protesting mall expansion. We r live 4/5p #Q13FOX http://t.co/psWQ6RyPoY 5 weeks ago
- Open in Twitter #Q13FOX News @Q13FOX RT @wsdot_traffic: On I-405 southbound just south of NE 70th Pl there is a collision blocking the 2 left lanes. 5 weeks ago
- Open in Twitter #Q13FOX News @Q13FOX RT @wsdot_traffic: Yikes! Crash on SB 405 before NE 44th #Newcastle blocking HOV lane. http://t.co/PWT2t6HZV1 5 weeks ago
- Open in Twitter #Q13FOX News @Q13FOX RT @wsdot_traffic: Heads up! NB and SB I-5 off-ramps to Michigan St are closed while crews are clearing an overturned semi. http://t.co/Knk… 5 weeks ago
- Open in Twitter #Q13FOX News @Q13FOX RT @JEFFQ13: City officials say they do not plan to arrest protestor in tree. Hope to end peacefully today. #Q13Fox http://t.co/HG40wpkxdS 5 weeks ago
- Open in Twitter #Q13FOX News @Q13FOX Police: California high schoolers plotted to kill "as many students as possible'>>> http://t.co/MOh7jqQxMZ http://t.co/LRTElpcE4N 5 weeks ago
- Open in Twitter #Q13FOX News @Q13FOX RT @MichelleLudtka: Per @brian_mcintyre NFL announces expansion of practice squads from 8 to 10 players, eligibility expansion http://t.co/… 5 weeks ago
SOCHI, Russia (CNN) — Russia’s Vladimir Putin said Friday said gays “can feel safe and free here” at the 2014 Winter Olympics and then added, “but please leave our children in peace.”
Putin’s remarks came as he met with volunteers for the games, the state-run Itar-Tass news agency reported.
“We don’t outlaw anything and don’t nab anyone,” Putin said.
“That’s why you (gays) can feel safe and free here, but please leave our children in peace,” he added.
Russia has come under international pressure since its parliament passed a law last summer outlawing “gay propaganda.” The legislation makes it illegal to tell children about gay equality.
The law has been widely criticized by Western leaders who have called it archaic and discriminatory. Human rights activists say it proves Russia is unworthy of hosting the latest Winter Olympics.
Meanwhile, last-minute construction work continues apace ahead of the expected influx of 6,000 athletes from 85 countries and thousands more visitors from around the world next month.