RECENTLY ON TWITTER
- Open in Twitter #Q13FOX News @Q13FOX Monitor: Seattle police making progress on reforms>>> http://t.co/HmN2MMNhwF http://t.co/FtNgzDVdAc 5 days ago
- Open in Twitter #Q13FOX News @Q13FOX RT @BillBQ13Fox: Another pic of child getting gift #Q13FOX http://t.co/tzGxERSwyy 5 days ago
- Open in Twitter #Q13FOX News @Q13FOX RT @BillBQ13Fox: Holiday toy give away at Odessa Brown children's clinic #Q13FOX http://t.co/rJF9FZRKKy 5 days ago
- Open in Twitter #Q13FOX News @Q13FOX Are you fretting yet, skiers? Snow totals are far below normal>>> http://t.co/WQAmeP8kMR http://t.co/BwE5YODygA 5 days ago
- Open in Twitter #Q13FOX News @Q13FOX Here's what we know about threats being investigated at an Amazon building -- http://t.co/rY1Un2xA4n 5 days ago
- Open in Twitter #Q13FOX News @Q13FOX RT @hanamkim: This is new. SPU says long water main line under 1st Ave compromised due to soil sinking. Needs costly replacement #Q13FOX @B… 5 days ago
- Open in Twitter #Q13FOX News @Q13FOX RT @hanamkim: After long questioning against project council member Burgess tells Sawant to get to the point #Q13FOX @BerthaDigsSR99 5 days ago
- Open in Twitter #Q13FOX News @Q13FOX RT @hanamkim: The tunnel project budget right now does not cover viaduct closure if that happens #Q13FOX @BerthaDigsSR99 6 days ago
- Open in Twitter #Q13FOX News @Q13FOX RT @SeattlePD: In response to inquiries: we can confirm a threats investigation in 400 blk Terry Ave N. No additional info at this time. 6 days ago
- Open in Twitter #Q13FOX News @Q13FOX N.C. teen’s hanging death ruled a suicide; mother says it was a lynching -- http://t.co/bf6advui4m 6 days ago
SOCHI, Russia (CNN) — Russia’s Vladimir Putin said Friday said gays “can feel safe and free here” at the 2014 Winter Olympics and then added, “but please leave our children in peace.”
Putin’s remarks came as he met with volunteers for the games, the state-run Itar-Tass news agency reported.
“We don’t outlaw anything and don’t nab anyone,” Putin said.
“That’s why you (gays) can feel safe and free here, but please leave our children in peace,” he added.
Russia has come under international pressure since its parliament passed a law last summer outlawing “gay propaganda.” The legislation makes it illegal to tell children about gay equality.
The law has been widely criticized by Western leaders who have called it archaic and discriminatory. Human rights activists say it proves Russia is unworthy of hosting the latest Winter Olympics.
Meanwhile, last-minute construction work continues apace ahead of the expected influx of 6,000 athletes from 85 countries and thousands more visitors from around the world next month.